Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Guys

Four scenes of guys in a variety of activities. I shot the construction workers in the first from my plane at JFK Airport - I love the juxtaposition of the metal angles with the figures. The second, taken at dawn on Huntington Beach near Los Angeles, creates a similar contrast between the angularity of the volleyball nets and the guys warming up to play. The third and fourth were shot in Hawaii: the third, also at dawn, as bikers prepared to ride up Haleakala Crater, Maui's sleeping volcano, to see the sunrise; and the fourth, on a boat ride coming out of a cave along the Na Pali Coast of Kauai.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As a grouping of photographs, the first two and the last two are related pairs. They are fine with each other. The two pairs, however, don't work for me as a conjoined whole.

I especially like the first two for the reasons you've pointed out.